Our School Meeting Prayer
(Every meeting in our school begins with this prayer that was written by our School Council)
Bless us as we come together for this meeting in our school.
Fill us with your spirit and courage so that we might bring our talents and gifts to this important work.
Open our minds to the task at hand. Open our ears to each other. Open our hearts to your will.
We make this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
What are Governors and what do they do?
Governors are like a Board of Directors and make decisions about how the school is run. They meet at least once each term, usually at school.
Governors are appointed to help:
- Decide what is taught
- Set standards of behaviour
- Interview and select staff
- Decide how the school budget is spent
- Monitor the performance of our school
- Monitor the performance of the headteacher
Strong and effective governing bodies:
- Understand their role and how it complements that of the headteacher;
- Have a clear understanding of the key issues facing the school;
- Have a range of skills that bring something extra;
- Work on enhancing their ability to understand data and what needs to be done where indicated by the data;
- Wish to hear from middle leaders about their work and future plans and how these link to the larger school improvement plan;
- Are a visible and welcome presence in the school;
- Set challenging targets for performance at all levels and have high expectations;
- Do not rely solely on information provided by the headteacher.
Our Governing Board
Mr S Conley
Mrs P Duffy (Chair)
Mrs A Forster
Mrs F Hopkins
Mrs S Oates
Mrs A Wright
Mrs J Deegan
Mrs E Heywood (Vice Chair)
Local Authority Governor:
Mrs J Jackson
Miss F Vause
Mr D Hennigan
Clerk to the Governors:
Mrs A Wylie