Our School Meeting Prayer
(Every meeting in our school begins with this prayer that was written by our School Council)
What are Governors and what do they do?
Governors are like a Board of Directors and make decisions about how the school is run. They meet at least once each term, usually at school.
Governors are appointed to help:
- Decide what is taught
- Set standards of behaviour
- Interview and select staff
- Decide how the school budget is spent
- Monitor the performance of our school
- Monitor the performance of the headteacher
Strong and effective governing bodies:
- Understand their role and how it complements that of the headteacher;
- Have a clear understanding of the key issues facing the school;
- Have a range of skills that bring something extra;
- Work on enhancing their ability to understand data and what needs to be done where indicated by the data;
- Wish to hear from middle leaders about their work and future plans and how these link to the larger school improvement plan;
- Are a visible and welcome presence in the school;
- Set challenging targets for performance at all levels and have high expectations;
- Do not rely solely on information provided by the headteacher.
Our Governing Body
Mrs L Byrne - R.E, Music, Modern Foreign Language Governor.
Mr S Conley - Design and Technology Governor.
Mrs A Forster - Writing, computing and P.E Governor
Mrs S Oates - Vice Chair and Maths Governor
Mrs A Wright - Science Governor
Mrs J Deegan - Pupil Premium Governor
Miss G Hill - Art and Design, History and Geography Governor.
Mrs F Hopkins
Local Authority Governor:
Mrs E Heywood - Chair and Reading and SEND governor
Mrs E Williams
Mr D Hennigan
Clerk to the Governors:
Tracy Baldwin - Lancashire County Council